MY SUCCESS MY BANK
Our Vision to Become the Best Quality Bank in Afghanistan to evolve into a Bank that will be
- Professionally Managed, Techno Savvy, Strong & following International Best Practices
- Extending world class & cost effective services & Contributing to the national economy by providing modern banking
- Products & services in the country that spur national and individual groth
- Addin value to all the stakeholders in the Bank and specifically promoting Afghan talent and skills
- To provide excellent professional services and financial products using latest technology to meet customer needs.
- To utilize and maintain committed and motivated national human resources.
- To fulfill corporate and social responsibilities towards all stake holders: Customers, Staff, and Shareholders.
The New Star on the Horizon
Azizi Bank has pursued a differentiated branding strategy in line with its objective of becoming the Best Quality Bank in Afghanistan. The foundation of this strategy lies in the commitment, which underlines the twin ethos of service and trust and the promise to deliver a truly delightful and unprecedented Banking experience to all customers
A Product of Afghan Vision and Enterprise
Azizi Bank is a commercial bank set up in Afghanistan in terms of the licensing policy of Da Afghanistan Bank, the Central Bank of the country. The Bank was granted a license on 13th June 2006 and commenced operations from the same date. Azizi Bank, a product of Afghan vision and enterprise, has been promoted by Mr. Mirwais Azizi of the Azizi Hotak Group & family
The promoters are committed to build a sound financial institution and, with a view to offer the utmost safety to the bank’s customers, set up the bank with an initial paid-up capital of USD 7.5 MN that was 150% of the Central Bank stipulated minimum of USD 5 MN. Now the capital is USD 78.93 MN (Afghani 5367.40 MN) as on December 31, 2015. (Now Da Afghanistan Bank revised & enhanced the norms of Capital to AFN 1 BN.) Total deposit is USD 332.85 MN (AFN 22,633.64 MN) and Advances USD 192.02 MN (AFN 13057.67 MN) as on 31st Dec 2015. Net Profit is USD 0.45 MN (AFN 30.28 MN) as on 31st Dec 2015. Azizi Bank is the highest lender in the country, contributing to almost 30% of loan disbursed in the economy in different sectors of the country, especially in the areas of infrastructure lending. Bank has an aggressive policy for Financial Inclusion. It is ranked the highest in the Country in terms of number of depositors.
The Management Team in the Bank is a mix of youth and experience and ably supported by a young and well-trained operating team aiming at transforming the banking scenario in the country by offering a truly professional and pleasurable experience to the customers. The Bank today has 1200+ strong team of employees and with a 12% female work force, it is playing a quiet but effective role in women’s emancipation and empowerment in the Country.
Large investments have been made by the Bank in physical infrastructure and technology with a view to provide the right ambience and latest facilities to prospective customers. The bank today has 85 branches/Extension Counters (75 Branches & 10 Extension Counters) across the length and breadth of Afghanistan, playing a pioneering role in the development of the banking culture of the country.
Presently we have 75 branches - 33 branches in Kabul and 42 branches in the provinces. We have our plans to increase our branch network over 90+ branches by end of 2016 in all provinces / the district headquarters. Besides we have plans to start agent based banking in the districts as well as Kabul, Web Based Transactions and also installation point of sales machines.
Presently we have 23 ATMs, of which 18 are operational in the city of Kabul and 5 in the provincial locations of Mazar, Herat, Nangarhar & Kandahar. The bank issues ATM- Proprietary Cards to all customers “FREE OF COST” to withdraw cash 24x7 including holidays from ATMs. We plan to have 50 ATMs by the end of December 2016. We have launched our Master International Credit Cards & Master Prepaid Cards and also in the process of launching the Master International Debit Card & POS terminals by mid-2016.
Bank has also introduced a novel concept ‘Green Channel’ in branches which facilitate Cash withdrawal using POS devices. It is a quick, convenient and environment friendly method of transacting with no paper usage.
Azizi bank is also a member and shareholder of Afghanistan Payment Switch (APS), which is a project of national importance aiming to connect all member banks to ensure interoperability among banks for electronic payments. APS will act as national switch for the country giving impetus to interoperability, transparency and convenience to its member bank customers.
In the year 2009, we achieved another milestone in banking history of Afghanistan by purchasing the Development Bank of Afghanistan from Da Afghanistan Bank (Central Bank of Afghanistan) and after that we have restarted the banking operations with the new name as Bakhtar Bank (100% subsidiary of Azizi Bank ) with 15 branches from June 21st 2009. Presently, 59 branches of Bakhtar Bank are already functional along with 3 extension counters. We are in the process of converting our subsidiary bank into a full-fledged Islamic Bank by early 2016. This would contribute a long way to the financial inclusion in the country and would help growth of Islamic banking activity.
Azizi Bank has no pretensions of catering to any particular class of customers. Its primary aim is financial inclusion with a pan-Afghanistan presence. Accordingly, there are no charges for opening/maintenance of accounts, issuance of statements of accounts and for cheque collection and no minimum balance requirement for salary accounts.
The deposit products (Current Account, Savings Fund and Fixed/Term Deposits) have been designed to encourage the saving habit and offer convenience and reasonable returns. Credit products introduced by the bank takes care of the basic requirements and promote enterprise (Fund-based facilities e.g. Term/Working capital Loans and Non-fund based facilities e.g. Letters of Credit and Financial/Performance Guarantees for Trade and Industry). We have also given bigger loans through syndication and Azizi Bank is the leader of the consortium. We have also launched several deposit oriented products i.e. (1) Institutional Current Account. (2) Kids Advantage Savings account (3) Senior Citizen Individual Savings Account (4) VIP Current Corporate Account (5) VIP Current Individual Account (6) Students Savings Account, which are aimed at more customer convenience, benefits and increased customer penetration. Bank is also working on various strategic tie-ups with various premium Hotels & Restaurants, Airlines, Hospitals & other service providers to provide discounts to the bank customers thereby creating a “joyful” experience & “customer delight”
Local/International remittance facilities are available to account/non-account holders as the bank has multiple correspondent banking network which includes Commerz Bank AG Frankfurt, Germany, Aktif Bank; Turkey, Yinzhou Bank, China, Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, HDFC Bank, India , BMCE Spain and BPSD, Italy. Efforts are made to open few other correspondent bank accounts with other leading global banks. Inward/Outward remittance facility is available in various currencies through SWIFT and Western Union. Efforts are made to open remittance facilities with other money transfer agents.
Special facility for INR remittances is available for the Indian & Afghan community in Afghanistan through a special tie-up with a leading Public Sector Bank in India i.e. Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and India’s leading private sector bank, HDFC Bank.
We are also the agents of M-Paisa – Mobile Money Transfer services of Roshan Telecom.
We have full-fledged Treasury and introduced new products - FX Management (local market): One way dealing, Repo Transactions, besides doing normal exchange transactions.
The Bank has plans of expanding its presence in Afghanistan to 90+ branches by end of 2016 and thereafter proposes to go international. It is also extremely keen to envisage fresh tie-ups with leading banks and financial institutions with a view to promote trade and to channelize the imports and exports through formal banking channels.
True to its tech savvy outlook, the bank has procured one of the best banking software globally ‘Flexcube’, which will be implemented shortly bringing plethora of benefits and facilities to its customers.
Azizi Bank plans to start Islamic Banking. Bakhtar Bank, fully owned subsidiary of Azizi Bank would start Islamic banking activity from the 1st January, 2016. Bakhtar Bank will be the first Islamic Bank in the Country.
- Strategic location in central business district & other Provinces
- Having its own Head office- five storied state of the art building at a prestigious location in Kabul
- Network of 75 branches in Kabul (33) & various provinces (42)
- Network of 21 ATMs across the country and issuance of FREE over the counter ‘INSTA’ Card
- Bank is also having 7 extension counters of which 6 are in the provinces
- GREEN CHANNEL in branches
- Unmatched physical infrastructure with ample parking space
- State-of-the-art security, technology and communication systems
- Paid-up capital of AFN 5.4 Bn. (USD 80 Mm.) against the Central bank stipulated level of USD 20 Million
- Safe and Secure remittance facilities in USD/Euro/GBP/AED/TRY/INR across the globe through SWIFT and Western Union+ Special facility of Indian Rupees transfers
- Commerz Bank, AG Frankfurt, Germany
- Aktif Bank, Turkey
- Yinzhou Bank, China
- BMCE, Spain
- BPSD, Italy
- Bank of India, India
- HDFC Bank, India
- PNB, India
- Well-trained 1200+ member team with good experience in central, commercial banking
- Enthusiastic, computer-savvy & young employees (average age 28)
KPMG (Prior to 2011)
Grant Thornton International Limited (2011-12)
Crowe Horwath (2013-2015)
Bank would also start quarterly audit with effect from Financial Year 2016
Products and Services
CBS: Core Banking Solution - Any Branch Banking
- Savings/ Current in Afghani, USD, Euro & GBP
- Term Deposits in Afghani & USD.
- Salary Accounts with “Zero Balance Facility”
- Money Exchange /Treasury Services.
- Collection of Cheques, Instruments, Bills, Documents
- Issuance of Pay order / Cash order / Bankers’ Cheque
- Local and International (USD/Euro/GBP/AED/TRY/INR) remittance facilities
- Fund-based (Term/Working capital Loans) and Non-fund based facilities e.g. Letters of Credit and Financial/Performance Guarantees for Trade and Industry.
- Fast and Easy transfer of funds through Western Union Money Transfer Services
- Speed Remittance facility to remit in Indian Rupees to any Bank A/C in India
- SWIFT Remittance facility
- Internet Banking
- Mobile/SMS Banking
- Push SMS Facility: alert for each transaction
- ATMs: Free ATM Cards to withdraw cash 24x7
- Biometric System: Finger Print Recognition
- Master International Credit Card, Master International Prepaid Card
- M-Paisa- Powered by Roshan: Mobile Money Transfer
- Brishna Electricity Bill Collection
- Master International Debit Card (Coming soon)
- PoS Terminals
- No account opening charges
- No account maintenance charges
- Free statement of account
- Free collection of local cheques
- Zero Balance Salary Accounts
- No charges for deposit/ withdrawal of Foreign Currency
- Nominal Remittances Charges
- Free ATM Card
Our motto is not merely customer satisfaction but, "Customer delight"
Address: Head Office & Main Branch, Ankara Square, Main Road, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Websites: www.azizibank.com | www.azizibank.af
Swift Code: AZBAAFKAXXX
24 Hour Phone Banking Number: 1515 / +93 701 80 1515 (From Outside Afghanistan)